The Western Australian Shooting Association (Inc) is the recognized spokesman organisation for the ballistic sports within the political and public arenas of Western Australia. The Association, through its employees, Member Associations and resident Clubs, undertake to promote to those outside of the sport and to the public, the facilities located at the Whiteman Park International Shooting Complex.
Each of the resident Clubs are the main promotional tool for Archery Australia, Pistol Australia, Australian Clay Target Association, Field & Game Australia, International Practical Shooting Confederation of Australia, Australian Bowhunters Association & Target Rifle Australia through their State Sporting Associations within Western Australia.
The Association, through it’s Board of Management, is responsible for the area of land which bounds Park Road to the south, Beechboro Road to the west, Gnangara Road to the north and to the Equestrian Centre on Whiteman Park to the east, and is known as the Whiteman Park International Shooting Complex.
Located within this precinct are sporting clubs covering Archery, Pistol, Air Rifle and Shotgun, and in the future, Smallbore Rifle.
WASA is the umbrella organisation for the ballistic sports in WA, whose aims include...
- To foster, promote and develop the ballistic sports and support the responsible private ownership of firearms for competitive and responsible recreational purposes;
- Through the member bodies, foster participation of West Australian shooters in State, National and International competition.
- To promote the education of people in the discipline and challenge of the shooting sports, safe handling of ballistic equipment, and the law as it applies to participants;
- To advocate, foster and implement the recognition of sound ecological management and to promote and support education in game animal conservation and wildlife, including conservation projects to protect wildlife habitats.
- To advocate and support responsible firearms legislation and related control according to what the Association and its members deem to be in the best interest of the private firearms owner.