The Western Australian Shooting Association (Inc) is the recognized spokesman organisation for the ballistic and bow sports within the political and public arenas of Western Australia. The Association, through its Member Associations, undertake to promote the sports to those outside of the sport and to the public, and advocate on behalf of all shooters..
Each of the State Sporting bodies are the members of WASA - Archery WA, WA Pistol Assoc, WA Clay Target Association, Sporting ClaysWA, International Practical Shooting Confederation WA, Australian Bowhunters Association WA & WA Smallbore Rifle Association.
WASA is an umbrella organisation for the ballistic and bowsports in WA, whose aims include...
- To foster, promote and develop the ballisticand bow sports and support the responsible private ownership of firearms for competitive and responsible recreational purposes;
- Through the member bodies, foster participation of West Australian shooters in State, National and International competition.
- To promote the education of people in the discipline and challenge of the shooting sports, safe handling of ballistic equipment, and the law as it applies to participants;
- To advocate, foster and implement the recognition of sound ecological management and to promote and support education in game animal conservation and wildlife, including conservation projects to protect wildlife habitats.
- To advocate and support responsible firearms legislation and related control according to what the Association and its members deem to be in the best interest of the private firearms owner.
- To advocate for, and provide effective training opportunites for officials, coaches and newer shooters
Located within this precinct of Whiteman Park International Shooting Complex are sporting clubs covering Archery, Pistol, Air Rifle and Shotgun, and Smallbore Rifle.